Saturday, August 6, 2011

They're finished!

Finally!  I finished a cute sweater/hat set for my sweet little grand-niece miss Sophie.  The goal was to get it done before she outgrew it--LOL. And I think I've just made it.


The pattern is Shell Stitch Baby Set from Red Heart Yarns, Crochet Made Easy.  The pattern suggested Mint and White baby yarn.  I tried a variegated baby yarn at first and had quite a bit done;  and though, I usually love variegated yarns, I hated this one.  Way too much white and then a teeny bit of color.  White for a baby?  Not always the best choice.




Instead, I used Caron Simply Soft in "Watermelon" for the main color.  I love bright pinks, and so does Sophie (well, Andi, her mom does most of the color choices at this point).  I also found some really cute La Mode flower-shaped buttons.  The pattern called for 5 buttons, but I like the look of only 3 for this particular sweater.


Don't you love the buttons?


The hat was a quick one to make.  It's crocheted flat.  I was wondering how it was ever going to all scrunch up at the top, but I learned a new stitch, 2 single crochets stitched together (sc2tog).  Actually, I think I did that kind of stitch in my former crocheting days eons ago. Imagine going from 60 stitches to 8 in just 3 rows.  Amazing, but it worked.

TTFN,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment