Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School!

Well, we made it through the first day of school with a totally different time schedule. We changed from a 7:25 am starting time ending at 2:15 to 8:15 am ending at 3:10.  I don't think I have been on that kind of schedule since I was a student in the 70's.  I will have more time in the morning because I plan to continue arriving at the earlier time to avoid traffic.  It will make the day seem longer since the student activity period won't end until 4:15.

It's a bit of an adjustment, but we will persevere.

I am starting a mobius shawl for my sister.  The pattern calls for "superfine" yarn with a 2 on the little yarn code.  The only size 2 I found listed itself as "fine," not superfine.  So, I looked at the yardage per ounce and ended up getting one ball of superfine with size of 1 because it was closest.  The pattern calls for a size "L" Tunisian crochet hook, which seems to be REALLY big for the yarn 'cause it is really skinny.  I guess the only way I will know for sure is to do a gauge swatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment